nM - No Mercy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
nM Leader
Echo

Male
Number of posts : 1630
Job/hobbies : Customer Advisor
My Clan : nM
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed" Empty
PostSubject: Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed"   Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 1:54 pm

What is a "Hand Shake"?
I think its when the server and your computer talk to each other to make sure they are both "alive".

What Do I Need?
Your working Quake III, theres no need to reinstall anything or anything like that.

You must also me ADMIN of your computer. If your not, please ask the Admin of your computer to grant you temp. access or tell him/her to do it for you.

Ok, How Do I Fix It?
I'm not 100% sure this will work, and if it doesn't you can always change the settings back.

Go to Control Panel > Admin. Tools > Services.

Scroll down until you see: "PnkBstrA".

Right click on it and select "Stop".

Restart your computer.

Now try and connect to a server with PB on it and see if the Hand Shake fails or not.

It works! What was the problem anyway?
For some reason, Windows didn't think to turn on this service or the installation of PB wasn't done properly.

It still doesn't work, I get the same issue!
I'm sorry, but for now, thats all I can think of. Sad

If you want to restart this thing, go back into Admin tools > Services... and right click on PnkBstrA and select Start.

All back to normal. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.renderpixel.co.uk
htk
nM Member

Male
Number of posts : 573
Job/hobbies : table tennis, Alco, girls
My Clan : nM RfH RiA
Registration date : 2007-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed"   Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed" EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 7:31 am

download the latest PBSVC installer from the following link.

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

Uninstall, install, then press the "Test Services" button. Copy-paste the entire output from the "Test Services" window in a new note.

Please check if you have allowed PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB in your Windows firewall (if enabled). Please go the Start menu and navigate to the Control Panel. Open the Windows Firewall icon and go to the "Exceptions" tab. Check if both checkboxes for PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB are checked.

Also provide which anti-virus and/or firewall program you are running. You might have to allow both PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe with full permissions in your security software.
Back to top Go down
Zeratul
nM Member
Zeratul

Male
Number of posts : 275
Job/hobbies : HP Printer support
My Clan : nM and 2a8
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed"   Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed" EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:35 pm

It could be that easy that you have a little laggy connection. It doesn't have to be YOUR problem. It might as well be the ISP you have that has bad lines or crappy equipment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed"   Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed" Empty

Back to top Go down

Fix: "PNKBSTRB.exe Failer Handshaking Failed"
Page 1 of 1