nM - No Mercy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Set up Quake III, Punk Buster and Version Switcher

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Echo
nM Leader
Echo

Male
Number of posts : 1630
Job/hobbies : Customer Advisor
My Clan : nM
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Set up Quake III, Punk Buster and Version Switcher Empty
PostSubject: Set up Quake III, Punk Buster and Version Switcher   Set up Quake III, Punk Buster and Version Switcher EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 am

How To Do The Following

1. Install Quake III Arena (Gold) Retail ---> Buy it.
2. Install Quake III Version 1.32 ---> Download Now.
3. Install Punk Buster. ---> Download Now.
4. Install Version Switcher. ---> Download Now.

Install Quake III Arena (Gold) Retail
Pop in the disc, select Maximum install and let it install. No help will be needed here.

This Guide may not work if you have a downloaded version of Quake or a Demo version. If you don't have a retail version, I recomend strongly that you buy one. It isn't much at all. Probably about £10.

There is no need to run Quake after a successful istall it should work.

Install Quake III Version 1.32
Use the Download link about to get the patch. Place the downloaded file inside the Quake III Arena folder and run it. It should take a few seconds to install. Follow the instructions in the installer to install it. All should go well.

It will ask you if you want to install Punk Buster. Make sure you select NO.

Delete the Install file you downloaded.

Install Punk Buster
If you haven't already downloaded Punk Buster do so above. It should download as 'pbsetup.exe'.

Place the Punk Buster in the Quake III Arena folder and run the "pbsetup.exe" file. It'll install by itself and a window will pop up. Quake III Arena will probably wont be on the list, so you have to go and do it manually. Click on 'Add Game' and then select Quake III Arena. It will find the game and you should get Quake III Arena now in the list.

Click on it and select 'Get Updates'. It will update. Once it's done, you are not ready to install Version Switcher.

Install Version Switcher
This is easy. Go download it if you haven't already from the download link above.

Place the downloaded file in the Quake III Arena folder and run it. It will go on about something. Just install it and your done.

Delete the downloaded file, make sure it's the downloaded file and not the Version Switcher program (they both have the same icon).

Now run Version Switcher. It will ask you if you've installed 1.32 already. Click 'Yes' and the program will open. Select which Version you want to go on and your done!

It still doesn't work...
I'm sorry, but there is nothing else I can do. I have repeated this guide myself using my copy of Quake III Arena. Make sure you have installed Quake properly and read the guide through properly and carefully.

The download links don't work!
Sorry, the hosts must have moved or deleted them. Just use a search engine to find what your looking for, should be no problem what so ever.

Whats a Search Engine?
Get out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.renderpixel.co.uk

Set up Quake III, Punk Buster and Version Switcher
Page 1 of 1